-   -   Powerpoint / Excel: custom pp RGB color doesn't match identical Excelcustom RGB color (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/177943-powerpoint-excel-custom-pp-rgb-color-doesnt-match-identical-excelcustom-rgb-color.html)

mikewillnot

Powerpoint / Excel: custom pp RGB color doesn't match identical Excelcustom RGB color

Office 2003:

I have a Powerpoint master template with a custom color (main slide
fill color), RGB 0 51 153. I want to paste an Excel chart.

In Excel, I create a custom color for the chart area using the same
RGB code, copy the chart and paste it into a powerpoint slide, and the
colors don't match.

This illustrates the problem, with background/area colors. Same
problem with fonts, etc.
What on earth causes this? Switching to HSL doesn't help.
HELP? Thanks.

Echo S

Powerpoint / Excel: custom pp RGB color doesn't match identical Excel custom RGB color

Perhaps this will help:

http://www.echosvoice.com/charts.htm

Be sure to hit the links about color schemes and MS Graph and color schemes.