-   -   Duplicate chart names on multiple sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/176123-duplicate-chart-names-multiple-sheets.html)

Breck

Duplicate chart names on multiple sheets

I have a workbook with multiple sheets. When I created the first sheet
I created 9 charts number "Chart 1" thru "Chart 9". After formating
these charts the way I wanted them I created multiple copies of
"Sheet 1" . Now all of the sheets have the same chart names "Chart 1"
thru "Chart 9". Will this cause a problem? I will be writing some VBA
code to manipulate these charts so I know that I will have to
specifically use the sheet that they are one in the code. I'm just
wondering if there are any other issues with having 15 "Chart 1"'s on
15 different sheets. Thanks for any response.

Bob Phillips

Duplicate chart names on multiple sheets

Breck,

I don't think there will be a problem, as long as you reference via the
sheet.

I have a number of applications that generate charts, and I always use the
same names on each sheet, and that has never been a source of problems to
me.

--
HTH

Bob

"Breck" wrote in message
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. When I created the first sheet
I created 9 charts number "Chart 1" thru "Chart 9". After formating
these charts the way I wanted them I created multiple copies of
"Sheet 1" . Now all of the sheets have the same chart names "Chart 1"
thru "Chart 9". Will this cause a problem? I will be writing some VBA
code to manipulate these charts so I know that I will have to
specifically use the sheet that they are one in the code. I'm just
wondering if there are any other issues with having 15 "Chart 1"'s on
15 different sheets. Thanks for any response.

Breck

Duplicate chart names on multiple sheets

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Breck,

I don't think there will be a problem, as long as you reference via the
sheet.

I have a number of applications that generate charts, and I always use the
same names on each sheet, and that has never been a source of problems to
me.

--
HTH

Bob