-   -   line graph (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/175526-line-graph.html)

Jamal

line graph

I would like to add a small amount of text over a line graph e.g. "December
sales were high" to explain a sudden rise in the line. I am printing charts
from chart sheets and they are not embeded on a worksheet. Is there a way to
do it? Thanks.

Jon Peltier

line graph

In 2003 and earlier, you can just select the chart, type what you want, and
press Enter. You'll get a textbox in the middle of the chart that you can
drag around and format. In 2007 you have to select the chart, then from the
Insert tab, choose TextBox or another shape.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Jamal" wrote in message
I would like to add a small amount of text over a line graph e.g. "December
sales were high" to explain a sudden rise in the line. I am printing
charts
from chart sheets and they are not embeded on a worksheet. Is there a way
do it? Thanks.

Jamal

line graph

Jon, thanks. It works.