-   -   Mixed Data Handling (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/17504-mixed-data-handling.html)

easy

Mixed Data Handling

Hi,

I have a mixed data set as exampled below,

Type Value
A 14
B 0.156
C 1.65
A 18
D 400
C 1.56
C 1.72

Question: How can I graph these variables individually without chancin' the
data structure?

Note: I can not use autofilter or any other macro, this data set will be
updated every 2hours, but can make any link to this data set freely.

Thx for your concern

Emre ÜNAL
Statistician
http://www.geocities.com/dusemre

Jon Peltier

You can make a pivot table from this data. The data is unchanged, as the PT is made
elsewhere. See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm for an intro to
pivot tables and for links to other pivot table resources. The first four links on
this page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotlinks.htm are very good.

To keep the pivot source data dynamic, define a dynamic range that grows as data is
added. See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html which describes
creation of dynamic ranges.

You can make pivot charts or regular charts from the pivot chart data. To make a
regular chart from a pivot table, start by selecting a blank cell away from the
pivot table. Start the chart wizard, select the chart type in step 1, and in step 2,
click on the Series tab, then click Add to add a series, and enter a name and choose
X and Y values for the series. Click Add again and select parameters for each
additional series you need.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP