-   -   numbers as markers in XY scatter plot (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/175013-numbers-markers-xy-scatter-plot.html)

andrewworden

numbers as markers in XY scatter plot

When plotting many data points in an XY scatter plot as one series, all
points show up as one marker. When trying to identify each point linked to a
series name, the chart becomes too crowded if I want to show series name on
the chart next to each marker. So, I want to replace colored symbols with
numbers? Is this possible w/o having to paste custom drawn objects into the
marker positions? I'm sure there is a VBA way to do it but I have never used
VBA and am not familiar with how to use it. Thanks, Andrew