-   -   Floating Year-To-Date Line (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/172594-floating-year-date-line.html)

CorporateQAinTX

Floating Year-To-Date Line

Here's what I've got. I'm given a line graph charting dating on a weekly
basis over a full year. A goal line has been adding by putting the goal in a
second column, but it's the same number just repeated 60 times. Also, I've
been asked to put in a floating YTD line. Each week when the data is updated,
the YTD value will change. I want to add a line to the chart that graphically
shows this value, but it has to be a line that goes across the whole graph
and is only done with one data point. Does any of this make sense? Can anyone
tell me how to do this?

ShaneDevenshire

Floating Year-To-Date Line

Hi,

You can do this just the same way you did the Goal line, create a new column
of data where all the cells refer to the YTD calculation.

To make both the Goal line and the YTD line "look" like they are just one
entry, double-click the line and on the Patterns tab turn off the Marker
option (None)
--
cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"CorporateQAinTX" wrote:

Here's what I've got. I'm given a line graph charting dating on a weekly
basis over a full year. A goal line has been adding by putting the goal in a
second column, but it's the same number just repeated 60 times. Also, I've
been asked to put in a floating YTD line. Each week when the data is updated,
the YTD value will change. I want to add a line to the chart that graphically
shows this value, but it has to be a line that goes across the whole graph
and is only done with one data point. Does any of this make sense? Can anyone
tell me how to do this?

CorporateQAinTX

Floating Year-To-Date Line

I thought I could get away with only using one data point, but this will
work. Thanks a bunch.

ShaneDevenshire

Floating Year-To-Date Line

Hi,

Well there is a way to get away with this by using 2 data points (first and
last points) but the method I suggested is pretty easy.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire