-   -   St4em and Leaf Display or Plot (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/172354-st4em-leaf-display-plot.html)

Dessi Bravo

St4em and Leaf Display or Plot

I had an assignment at class and couldn't do it because I didn't get the stem
and leaf chart in Excel. Can anyone assist me in how to create a stem and
leaf plot?
Thanks.

Mike Middleton

St4em and Leaf Display or Plot

Dessi Bravo -

Excel does not have a built-in feature for stem and leaf charts.

Perhaps your class is using a textbook that has an Excel add-in that
produces such charts.

If not, browse to www.google.com, and search for "excel stem leaf" (without
the quotes), and you'll find some instructions about creating a stem and
leaf chart using Excel.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"Dessi Bravo" wrote in message
I had an assignment at class and couldn't do it because I didn't get the
stem
and leaf chart in Excel. Can anyone assist me in how to create a stem and
leaf plot?
Thanks.

Gaj Vidmar

St4em and Leaf Display or Plot

It may be as low as no. 23 on Google's result list for "excel stem leaf",
but it may be an excellent solution:

http://www.mf.uni-lj.si/ibmi-english...ndLeafPlot.xls

If you dont' want to mention or use it just because it's (partly) mine,
here's another workbook with macro that produces S&L plots:

http://statistics.unl.edu/faculty/bi...m-and-leaf.xls

For putting things in a broader perspective, stem-and-leaf plots can be
classified under "charts Excel can't do" (though, of course, it can):

http://epublications.bond.edu.au/ejsie/vol1/iss3/6/

For a somewhat more scholarly and more comprehensive article on such and
other matters of statistical graphics in Excel, one might read (again, can't
help it, it's mine)

http://www.mf.uni-lj.si/ibmi/biostat.../MZ_Vidmar.pdf

Regards, Gaj
---
Dr. Gaj Vidmar
Institute for Rehabilitation, Republic of Slovenia

"Mike Middleton" wrote in message
Dessi Bravo -

Excel does not have a built-in feature for stem and leaf charts.

Perhaps your class is using a textbook that has an Excel add-in that
produces such charts.

If not, browse to www.google.com, and search for "excel stem leaf"
(without the quotes), and you'll find some instructions about creating a
stem and leaf chart using Excel.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel