-   -   Charts for 2008 with No Values (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/170486-charts-2008-no-values.html)

TinleyParkILGal

Charts for 2008 with No Values

Professionals, I want to continue my 2007 charts through 2008 but without
values until the time arrives. My charts just show 0's for all of 2008 even
though I clicked on tools, options, chart, and plot emty cells as not plotted
(leave gaps).

How can I do this?

Oct 2007 - 2
Nov 2007 - 5
Dec 2007 - 9
Jan 2008 - NOT PLOTTED
Feb 2008 - NOT PLOTTED

Thanks in advance.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Charts for 2008 with No Values

Replace your 2008 entries with #N/A, or =NA()
--
David Biddulph

"TinleyParkILGal" wrote in
message ...
Professionals, I want to continue my 2007 charts through 2008 but without
values until the time arrives. My charts just show 0's for all of 2008
even
though I clicked on tools, options, chart, and plot emty cells as not
plotted
(leave gaps).

How can I do this?

Oct 2007 - 2
Nov 2007 - 5
Dec 2007 - 9
Jan 2008 - NOT PLOTTED
Feb 2008 - NOT PLOTTED

Thanks in advance.

Andy Pope

Charts for 2008 with No Values

Hi,

If the cells contain formula use NA() instead of "".
As any text content will be treated as zero.

Cheers
Andy

TinleyParkILGal wrote:
Professionals, I want to continue my 2007 charts through 2008 but without
values until the time arrives. My charts just show 0's for all of 2008 even
though I clicked on tools, options, chart, and plot emty cells as not plotted
(leave gaps).

How can I do this?

Oct 2007 - 2
Nov 2007 - 5
Dec 2007 - 9
Jan 2008 - NOT PLOTTED
Feb 2008 - NOT PLOTTED

Thanks in advance.

TinleyParkILGal

Charts for 2008 with No Values

David and Andy,
Thanks for your posts. Whether I use #N/A or =NA() I get the value 0 on my
chart and it is plotted so it looks like the value has gone down to zero. I
do not even want the line after November since we have not yet closed 12/2007.

Thanks

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Replace your 2008 entries with #N/A, or =NA()
--
David Biddulph

"TinleyParkILGal" wrote in
message ...
Professionals, I want to continue my 2007 charts through 2008 but without
values until the time arrives. My charts just show 0's for all of 2008
even
though I clicked on tools, options, chart, and plot emty cells as not
plotted
(leave gaps).

How can I do this?

Oct 2007 - 2
Nov 2007 - 5
Dec 2007 - 9
Jan 2008 - NOT PLOTTED
Feb 2008 - NOT PLOTTED

Thanks in advance.

Bob Phillips

Charts for 2008 with No Values

Try using a dynamic range, say myData for

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,1,0,COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A:$A,"<"&T ODAY()),1)

and use

=Sheet1!myData

in the chart

--
---
HTH

Bob

"TinleyParkILGal" wrote in
message ...

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Replace your 2008 entries with #N/A, or =NA()
--
David Biddulph

"TinleyParkILGal" wrote in
message ...
Professionals, I want to continue my 2007 charts through 2008 but
without
values until the time arrives. My charts just show 0's for all of 2008
even
though I clicked on tools, options, chart, and plot emty cells as not
plotted
(leave gaps).

How can I do this?

Oct 2007 - 2
Nov 2007 - 5
Dec 2007 - 9
Jan 2008 - NOT PLOTTED
Feb 2008 - NOT PLOTTED

Thanks in advance.

TinleyParkILGal

Charts for 2008 with No Values

Bob,

I am not very advanced using excel. I do not know what to do with your
information or where to put any of this. I do not know what myData is or
where any of your example in the chart. I do not know what =Offset or
=Sheet1!myData is or where to us it.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Replace your 2008 entries with #N/A, or =NA()
--
David Biddulph

"TinleyParkILGal" wrote in
message ...
Professionals, I want to continue my 2007 charts through 2008 but
without
values until the time arrives. My charts just show 0's for all of 2008
even
though I clicked on tools, options, chart, and plot emty cells as not
plotted
(leave gaps).

How can I do this?

Oct 2007 - 2
Nov 2007 - 5
Dec 2007 - 9
Jan 2008 - NOT PLOTTED
Feb 2008 - NOT PLOTTED

Thanks in advance.

Andy Pope

Charts for 2008 with No Values

The problem with TinleyParkILGal chart was the actual chart type being used.
After using NA() in the cells as advised the line still dropped to zero.
This was caused by the line chart being of the sub-type Stacked line.
Changing the chart allowed the NA() to function as a point not plotted.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel