-   -   Unstacking a series of data on a 3-D chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/17006-unstacking-series-data-3-d-chart.html)

ldsun

Unstacking a series of data on a 3-D chart

I want to stack two series of data in one column and show a third series on
the column next to it on a 3-D chart. How do I unstack the third series of
data?

Jon Peltier

Try to stagger your data before you build the chart, so where the first
two series are stacked, there's no value of the third series, and where
there is a third series column, the first two have no values:

Series 1 Series 2 Series 3
value value
value
value value
value
value value
value

Make sure your series are plotted by column.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

ldsun wrote:

I want to stack two series of data in one column and show a third series on
the column next to it on a 3-D chart. How do I unstack the third series of
data?

KG

Jon, I saw this post, tried the technique and I can confirm that it works but
what would I do for X category labels if, for example, series 1 and 2
referred to 2003 and 2004 respectively and staggered series 3 also referred
to 2004?

ldsun wrote:

I want to stack two series of data in one column and show a third series on
the column next to it on a 3-D chart. How do I unstack the third series of
data?

Jon Peltier

"Referred to" means category labels? Do you need to stagger series 2 & 3
on the same row? I'm not sure what you're asking.

- Jon
-------

ldsun wrote:

I want to stack two series of data in one column and show a third series on
the column next to it on a 3-D chart. How do I unstack the third series of
data?

KG

Combination of typos and poor choice of words! Furthermore I may be following
the wrong lead by focusing on this specific thread. In order to keep things
clean, I shall experiment a little further with my own specific challenge
and, if I still need help, I shall post a separate request. I visit your
website regularly and I will certainly look there for applicable techniques
before I post. Thanks!