-   -   Displaying the mean in a bar chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/169765-displaying-mean-bar-chart.html)

nathanhutto

Displaying the mean in a bar chart

Hi all,

I have a stacked bar chart showing test score distributions. I would like to
be able to plot the mean score on the bar. A simple dot or square would do.
Anyone know how to do this?

thanks!
nathan

Bob Phillips

Displaying the mean in a bar chart

Couldn't you just add a formula of the MEDIAN of each group, add that series
to the chart, then change the chart type of that series to a line. You can
then set the line colour to none, and change the style to a diamond say.

--
---
HTH

Bob