-   -   Help with pivot charts and data labels (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/168-help-pivot-charts-data-labels.html)

[email protected]

Help with pivot charts and data labels

Hello all,

I have just started using Pivot Charts, and I think they are pretty
awesome, but I have come across an issue, and was hoping someone could
help me out.

I have a bunch of test data that I am plotting, to show results for 3
different assemblys that were each tested under a variety of
conditions. When I have a certain chart displayed, I used the linked
data label add in from Jwalk.com to create a data label for a specific
bar, but when I change which data I am plotting, and then return to the
original set, the data label is gone. Is there some way to hold the
link?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Barb Reinhardt

I believe I've seen it suggested that people create a macro to run once the
data is updated to recreate the formatting of the graph when pivot table
data is plotted.

oups.com...