-   -   Combined bar/Line graph defaults to bar (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/167780-combined-bar-line-graph-defaults-bar.html)

Michael Anderson

Combined bar/Line graph defaults to bar

In Excel 2007 I have a Combined bar/Line graph get it's data from a pivottable.
Intermittently, when I change the pivottable filters, the combined bar/Line
graph
defaults to just a bar graph.

I have tried 2 approaches with the same results -

1. Have the graph select each set of data from a range
2. Have the graph point generically at the pivottable and dynamically adjust
itself
--
Thank You in Advance,

Michael Anderson

Jon Peltier

Combined bar/Line graph defaults to bar

Pivot charts are notorious for resetting their formatting when the table is
refreshed or re-pivoted. What you have to do is change each series: right
click on the series, then select Change Type.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions