-   -   Column & Line Charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/16674-column-line-charts.html)

CapitalRob

Column & Line Charts

How do I change a chart data line into a column? When I select the Column &
Line Chart option I get half Columns and the other half Lines. I want to
control which data series is shown as a column and which data series is shown
as a line.

Debra Dalgleish

Instead of using the built-in combination charts, you can create your
own. Jon Peltier has instructions on his web site:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...mboChart1.html

To change your chart:

Select the chart
From the Chart menu, choose Chart Type
Select the Column chart type
Click OK

In the chart, select the series that you want as a line
From the Chart menu, choose Chart Type
Select the Line chart type
Select one of the Line chart subtype
Click OK