-   -   How do I change the color of each bar in my graph? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/165898-how-do-i-change-color-each-bar-my-graph.html)

Meenie

How do I change the color of each bar in my graph?

When I click on the bar and go to "format data series" and change the color
of the bar, they all change. I want to change each individually, how to I
make them do that?
Thanks! Meenie

John Mansfield

How do I change the color of each bar in my graph?

When you click on the bar, instead of clicking on it once click it twice.
Clicking on the bar twice should select the single bar. Then go ahead and
format it.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"Meenie" wrote:

When I click on the bar and go to "format data series" and change the color
of the bar, they all change. I want to change each individually, how to I
make them do that?
Thanks! Meenie

Jon Peltier

How do I change the color of each bar in my graph?

Make sure that's two single clicks, not one double click.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Meenie" wrote:

When I click on the bar and go to "format data series" and change the
color
of the bar, they all change. I want to change each individually, how to I
make them do that?
Thanks! Meenie

Meenie

How do I change the color of each bar in my graph?

Thank you both so much! You've made my life much easier :)

"Meenie" wrote:

When I click on the bar and go to "format data series" and change the
color
of the bar, they all change. I want to change each individually, how to I
make them do that?
Thanks! Meenie

Meenie

How do I change the color of each bar in my graph?

Wow, such a simple answer! Thanks :) Following "help" I was clicking on the
bar then going up to the menu, clicking on something there, then clicking on
the color... And here it is so simple! Ah if help were only so good :)
Thanks a lot