-   -   creating mixed dashed and solid line charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/165472-creating-mixed-dashed-solid-line-charts.html)

nathanhutto

creating mixed dashed and solid line charts

Is it possible to create a line chart that mixes dashed and solid lines on a
single data series? I have a couple of data points missing throughout the
chart and would like to represent that with a dashed line.

Thank you.

Del Cotter

creating mixed dashed and solid line charts

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
nathanhutto said:
Is it possible to create a line chart that mixes dashed and solid lines on a
single data series? I have a couple of data points missing throughout the
chart and would like to represent that with a dashed line.

Create two data series, one for the solid lines and one for the dashed
lines. In order for the dashed lines to start where the solid lines end
and vice versa, the changeover points should be present in both series,
like so:

Solid Dashed
2001 1
2002 2 2
2203 3

You can delete one of the legend entries if you are using a legend, and
you don't like the fact that there are two entries.

--
Del Cotter