-   -   Creating custom charts in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/164129-creating-custom-charts-excel-2007-a.html)

glitterbug99

Creating custom charts in Excel 2007

When creating charts in earlier versions in Excel, it was possible to select
a custom type of a column chart with one series displayed as a line. I can't
find this in Excel 2007 - is it still there somewhere?
Any help would be gratefully received!

Jon Peltier

Creating custom charts in Excel 2007

As always, you can build your own custom chart. (The built-in custom ones
are not too flexible anyway.) For example, to make a line-column chart, make
a line chart, then right click on a series, choose Chart Type from the
pop-up menu, and choose the column chart type for the selected series.
Repeat as needed. To put a series onto the secondary axis, right click on
the series, choose Format Series, then choose Secondary.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"glitterbug99" wrote in message
When creating charts in earlier versions in Excel, it was possible to
select
a custom type of a column chart with one series displayed as a line. I
can't
find this in Excel 2007 - is it still there somewhere?
Any help would be gratefully received!

glitterbug99

Creating custom charts in Excel 2007

That's great, thank you! I didn't know you could change types for specific
series.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately I think the built-in custom chart types were more of a crutch.
MS could do more to inform users that individual series can be typed
independently.

- Jon
-------