-   -   Pie chart with stacked bar (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/163219-pie-chart-stacked-bar.html)

Paige_Franklin

Pie chart with stacked bar

I can't figure out how to do a pie chart with stacked bar.

The pie chart should be the following:
Other Sectors 85.10%
Health Services & Supplies 14.9%

Then I want the stacked bar to break down the Health services as follows:

Other 27%
Nursing Home Care 7%
Prescription Drugs 11%
Physician Services 23%
Hospital Care 33%

I can't get the stacked bar part to work correctly!

Thanks!
Paige Franklin

Andy Pope

Pie chart with stacked bar

Hi,

You will need to recalculate the values in order to plot in a bar of pie
chart.
Place you data in range A1:B6 like this, notice I have dropped the Health
Services & Supplies category.

O Sectors 85.10%
Others 27%
Nursing 7%
Perscript 11%
Phys 23%
Hospital care 33%

The in C1 add this formula
=B1

and in C2 copied down to C6 put
=(1-$B$1)*B2

This will re-proportion the Others percentages. If possible include more
decimal places to your original values.
Now plot the chart in A1:A6,C1:C6

For more information see the article by Jon Peltier.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel