-   -   how to plot column chart with one series against multiple series. (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/162325-how-plot-column-chart-one-series-against-multiple-series.html)

svenkateshmurthy

how to plot column chart with one series against multiple series.

I want to plot a coloumn chart. my x-axis is fixed. my y axis consist of many
columns. i want to plot the first column and combine all the other column so
that it is adjacent to first column. for example my x axis will be month. my
y axis first column will be income. other columns will be expenses. i want a
graph in such a way that i can compare all the expenses together with the
income.

John Mansfield

how to plot column chart with one series against multiple series.

Try plotting you data like this . . .

Assume the following resides in the range A1:C4:

(A1) Income (B1) $15
(A2) Salaries (C2) $4
(A3) Supplies (C3) $6
(A4) Services (C4) $5

Select the range. In the Chart Wizard step 1, choose the Stacked Column
chart option. In step 2, choose "Series in Rows".

To crease more than one month, carry this same type of logic out to columns
D, E, etc.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"svenkateshmurthy" wrote:

I want to plot a coloumn chart. my x-axis is fixed. my y axis consist of many
columns. i want to plot the first column and combine all the other column so
that it is adjacent to first column. for example my x axis will be month. my
y axis first column will be income. other columns will be expenses. i want a
graph in such a way that i can compare all the expenses together with the
income.

John Mansfield

how to plot column chart with one series against multiple seri

Bernard Liengme provides a much better example below:

http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm

It is based on Stephen Bullen's original work.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net