-   -   Excel 2007 does not take more than 255 datapoints (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/161210-excel-2007-does-not-take-more-than-255-datapoints.html)

adamsk

Excel 2007 does not take more than 255 datapoints

I have this dataseries with all the weeks for the last 6 years which comes up to 312 week datapoints.

Unfortunately, when I want to chart a graph it only takes 255 points.
How can I get Excel 2007 to take more points in the line chart?

Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Excel 2007 does not take more than 255 datapoints

You should be able to have 32000 points in a data series in 2007 (as for
2003)

From
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...1033#Charting:

"Data series in one chart 255
Data points in a data series for 2-D charts 32,000
Data points in a data series for 3-D charts 4,000
Data points for all data series in one chart 256,000"
--
David Biddulph

"adamsk" wrote in message
I have this dataseries with all the weeks for the last 6 years which comes
up to 312 week datapoints.

Unfortunately, when I want to chart a graph it only takes 255 points.
How can I get Excel 2007 to take more points in the line chart?

Thanks

Jon Peltier

Excel 2007 does not take more than 255 datapoints

Have you perhaps made a chart with 255 one-point series? That is probably
the limit you are encountering.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP