-   -   How do I put Excel data into a US map format? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/16009-how-do-i-put-excel-data-into-us-map-format.html)

Texas Graduate Student

How do I put Excel data into a US map format?

I want to feed Excel data about population and trends into a map format
instead of a bar graph or pie chart. Is there a plug-in or some such thing
that I can use that works with Excel? Ultimately, I want to have each state
depicted by a color code for a range of population or an amount of certain
data.
I am using Excel 2002 in a Windows XP environment.