-   -   CHARTS (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/159996-charts.html)

gerard L

CHARTS

If you have one column in a chart that is so tall it distorts the rest of the
columns, i.e. they are so small you cannot distinguish the reading, is there
a way of creating a split in the one column and the axis?

Ron Coderre

CHARTS

See how Jon Peltier handles that situation:
http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...es.html#Broken

Is that something you can work with?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"gerard L" <gerard wrote in message
If you have one column in a chart that is so tall it distorts the rest of
the
columns, i.e. they are so small you cannot distinguish the reading, is
there
a way of creating a split in the one column and the axis?

gerard L[_2_]

CHARTS

Ron - many thanks. From looking at the link it is EXACTLY what I am trying to
do. I will follow through the procedure today to see if I am able to
implement (through my basic excel knowledge - not your info!)

Regards

Gerard L

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

See how Jon Peltier handles that situation:
http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...es.html#Broken

Is that something you can work with?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"gerard L" <gerard wrote in message
If you have one column in a chart that is so tall it distorts the rest of
the
columns, i.e. they are so small you cannot distinguish the reading, is
there
a way of creating a split in the one column and the axis?

Ron Coderre

CHARTS

Thanks for the feedback....Jon's website is a great resource.

Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP