-   -   Formatting data series - line between certain data points only (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/159108-formatting-data-series-line-between-certain-data-points-only.html)

alan_m

Formatting data series - line between certain data points only

I am working with a 2-axis bar/line graph. In Excel 97 it was possible to
edit the line between data points so that there was a line between points 1 &
2, no line between points 2 & 3, a line between points 3 & 4, nothing between
4 & 5, etc. It appears in Excel 2003 that this is not possible - selecting
one data point and no line just redraws the whole line but by-passing the
selected data point. In my example if I try to remove the line between points
2&3 by clicking on data point 3, editing it to have no line all that happens
is the graph is redrawn with a line from data point 2 directly to data point
4. Anybody no a way around this?
--
AlanM