Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Sam Sam is offline

Default graphing numerical values on the x-axis

I am trying to graph some points with the following values:

x axis value 0 240 1400 1640 1880
y axis value 5445 5831 6247 6599 6810

When I graph them, I would like for the distance on the x-axis to be
proportional to the distance between the x-axis values (for instance, there
would be 240 units of space between points 1 and 2 and 1160 units of space
between points 2 and 3). But the points are coming out at the same intervals
on the graph, with the x-axis labels showing the appropriate value. How can
I get these points to reflect the difference in the x-axis values
graphically? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You need an XY chart not a Line chart.
Do not let the word Line confuse you; an XY chart can have data points
joined by lines
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme