-   -   Plot Area Fill Cut Off When Printed (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/158760-plot-area-fill-cut-off-when-printed.html)

Rutabaga

Plot Area Fill Cut Off When Printed

Hello,

Excel 2003 on XP

I print an Excel column chart on a plotter. The Plot Area has a one-color,
shaded background (horizontal light yellow fading to white). Print preview
looks fine, with the entire plot area filled with the assigned fill effect.
When I print, the fill leaves about 5% of the plot area white on the left
side. It doesn't appear to line up with anything in particular--it just
starts distanced away from the y-axis on the left. Any idea why?

Rutabaga

Plot Area Fill Cut Off When Printed

Well, when I copied the chart to PowerPoint and printed from there, it turned
out fine. Good enough for me. Not sure why it doesn't print properly from
Excel.

"Rutabaga" wrote:

Hello,

Excel 2003 on XP

I print an Excel column chart on a plotter. The Plot Area has a one-color,
shaded background (horizontal light yellow fading to white). Print preview
looks fine, with the entire plot area filled with the assigned fill effect.
When I print, the fill leaves about 5% of the plot area white on the left
side. It doesn't appear to line up with anything in particular--it just
starts distanced away from the y-axis on the left. Any idea why?

Jon Peltier

Plot Area Fill Cut Off When Printed

I think PowerPoint's better than Excel at gradient fill patterns. I usually
just avoid such effects.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP