-   -   Percentage Column Charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/154654-percentage-column-charts.html)

stacy05

Percentage Column Charts

HI!! I think I am thinking too much about this and it is easier than it
seems, but I cant figure it out! hopefully someone can help.

So I need to create a chart with 2 column...plan vs. actual. But I need each
of these bar columns to be separted by percentages of the categories that
make them up.
EX: I need to make a comparison on how big of a percentage the Labor part of
the Budget was when they planned and how it differs from the actual
execution.

Thanks for your help!

LanceB

Percentage Column Charts

Stacked Column Graph
Set up as

labor
code ACT PLAN
a 1 1
b 3 2
c 5 3
d 9 4

select series in "Rows"

"stacy05" wrote:

HI!! I think I am thinking too much about this and it is easier than it
seems, but I cant figure it out! hopefully someone can help.

So I need to create a chart with 2 column...plan vs. actual. But I need each
of these bar columns to be separted by percentages of the categories that
make them up.
EX: I need to make a comparison on how big of a percentage the Labor part of
the Budget was when they planned and how it differs from the actual
execution.

Thanks for your help!

stacy05

Percentage Column Charts

Thanks! Is there a way to show the percntages, like in a pie chart?

"LanceB" wrote:

Stacked Column Graph
Set up as

labor
code ACT PLAN
a 1 1
b 3 2
c 5 3
d 9 4

select series in "Rows"

"stacy05" wrote:

HI!! I think I am thinking too much about this and it is easier than it
seems, but I cant figure it out! hopefully someone can help.

So I need to create a chart with 2 column...plan vs. actual. But I need each
of these bar columns to be separted by percentages of the categories that
make them up.
EX: I need to make a comparison on how big of a percentage the Labor part of
the Budget was when they planned and how it differs from the actual
execution.

Thanks for your help!

Jon Peltier

Percentage Column Charts

Calculate your percentages in the worksheet, then use one of these utilities
to apply the calculations as data labels:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"stacy05" wrote in message
Thanks! Is there a way to show the percntages, like in a pie chart?

"LanceB" wrote:

Stacked Column Graph
Set up as

labor