-   -   Retaining user-defined chart settings when emailing document (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/15363-retaining-user-defined-chart-settings-when-emailing-document.html)

hogon

Retaining user-defined chart settings when emailing document

I created several user-defined chart settings in an Excel spreadsheet.
However, when I emailed this file to my coworkers, these settings were not
attached when my coworkers opened the file on their respective computers. It
appears that user defined settings are only available on the computer on
which they were created. Is this true?

Jon Peltier

Hogon -

Do you mean user-defined chart types? They reside, as you surmise, on
the computer where they were created.

Last year I posted a technique to distribute user defined charts:

http://www.google.co.uk/groups?selm=...GP09.phx. gbl

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP