-   -   Excel Error (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/152996-excel-error.html)

kwpang1

Excel Error

"Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a
different chart type."

I receive this error whenever i click insert chart in all office
applications even within excel itself.

Tried disabling Norton Internet Security 2007, problem persists.
Tried running Diagnostics, problem persists.

Any solutions?

Jon Peltier

Excel Error

Version of Excel?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"kwpang1" wrote in message

"Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a
different chart type."

I receive this error whenever i click insert chart in all office
applications even within excel itself.

Tried disabling Norton Internet Security 2007, problem persists.
Tried running Diagnostics, problem persists.

Any solutions?

kwpang1

Excel Error

office 07

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Version of Excel?

- Jon
-------

"kwpang1" wrote in message

"Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a
different chart type."

I receive this error whenever i click insert chart in all office
applications even within excel itself.

Tried disabling Norton Internet Security 2007, problem persists.
Tried running Diagnostics, problem persists.

Any solutions?

Jon Peltier

Excel Error

Somehow I suspected that, though I have not heard of this problem
previously. I don't know what to suggest, other than emptying out the temp
directory and trying to repair the installation of Office 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"kwpang1" wrote in message
office 07

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Version of Excel?

- Jon
-------

"kwpang1" wrote in message

"Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a
different chart type."

I receive this error whenever i click insert chart in all office
applications even within excel itself.

Tried disabling Norton Internet Security 2007, problem persists.
Tried running Diagnostics, problem persists.

Any solutions?

Nat

Excel Error

I'm also getting this problem. I'm trying to do a simple bar chart and the
data to use is calculated. Here's an example of the formula used for one of
the values to plot. =COUNTIFS($A$1:$A$33,"="&C6,$A$1:$A$33,"<="&D6)
The value itself is just 1 so not like a huge number or anything. And the
total number of points is just 7 so again nothing big.

It's just weird because I haven't created any charts and re-installing
doesn't help.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Somehow I suspected that, though I have not heard of this problem
previously. I don't know what to suggest, other than emptying out the temp
directory and trying to repair the installation of Office 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"kwpang1" wrote in message
office 07

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Version of Excel?

- Jon
-------

"kwpang1" wrote in message

"Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a
different chart type."

I receive this error whenever i click insert chart in all office
applications even within excel itself.

Tried disabling Norton Internet Security 2007, problem persists.
Tried running Diagnostics, problem persists.

Any solutions?

[email protected]

Excel Error

Hello, I had this same problem and tried uninstalling and reinstalling
fruitlessly several times.

I finally managed to solve it by following this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

In addition to the above, I also deleted directories and registry keys
of old Office versions. When I reinstalled Office 2007, the problem
disappeared.

Hope this helps.

Tejas Sura

Excel Error

I was told by a Microsoft customer service representative that "you are
encountering issue regarding to VSS database". I wonder what that means.

-Tejas