-   -   Forcing 'XValues' to the bottom (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/14976-forcing-xvalues-bottom.html)

jeff

Forcing 'XValues' to the bottom

I have a line chart with positive and negative numbers as 'Values'. My x-axis
legend (the 'XValues') appears in the middle of the screen - along the x
axis. I want it to appear at the bottom. Any suggestions?

Andy Pope

Hi jeff,

Double click the x axis and on the Patterns Tab select Tick mark labels:
Low.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Barb Reinhardt

Go to the FORMAT AXIS menu and change the value for "Value (X) axis crosses
at" to a reasonable value. Do not re-select the check box to the left or it
will autoscale again.

Have a great day!
Barb Reinhardt

"jeff" wrote in message
I have a line chart with positive and negative numbers as 'Values'. My
x-axis
legend (the 'XValues') appears in the middle of the screen - along the x
axis. I want it to appear at the bottom. Any suggestions?

jeff

Both were great ideas and did the trick. Thanks very much!