-   -   Dynamic change of chart source (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/148757-dynamic-change-chart-source.html)

QM

Dynamic change of chart source

We have a chart on one of our many reports that shows the last twelve months
of data presented in a bar graph.

Is there a way to have the source position change dynamically do I do not
have to move the sourcing information on the chart every month.

As an example, the data is formatted like:
A B C D
2006.... 01/2007 02/2007 03/2007 04/2007
100 200 150 175

The starting point of the last twelve months is dependant on the current
reporting month which is always 10 days after month end. The data starts at
2005 through current 06/2007.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

John Mansfield

Dynamic change of chart source

Yes, the links below will take you to examples that show you how to create
dynamic charts:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...hartLinks.html

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=518

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"QM" wrote:

We have a chart on one of our many reports that shows the last twelve months
of data presented in a bar graph.

Is there a way to have the source position change dynamically do I do not
have to move the sourcing information on the chart every month.

As an example, the data is formatted like:
A B C D
2006.... 01/2007 02/2007 03/2007 04/2007
100 200 150 175

The starting point of the last twelve months is dependant on the current
reporting month which is always 10 days after month end. The data starts at
2005 through current 06/2007.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Jon Peltier

Dynamic change of chart source

To use the Last X, try these examples:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...tml#LastSoMany

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"QM" wrote:

We have a chart on one of our many reports that shows the last twelve
months
of data presented in a bar graph.

Is there a way to have the source position change dynamically do I do not
have to move the sourcing information on the chart every month.

As an example, the data is formatted like:
A B C D
2006.... 01/2007 02/2007 03/2007 04/2007
100 200 150 175

The starting point of the last twelve months is dependant on the current
reporting month which is always 10 days after month end. The data starts
at
2005 through current 06/2007.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

QM

Dynamic change of chart source

Thank you, i believe these will help greatly.