-   -   Series order in Legend (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/148254-series-order-legend.html)

Jen[_4_]

Series order in Legend

Hello there,

It seems the legend is showing the the series by the order at which they
have been created.
Is there a way to change the "showing-order" of series -moving them up or
down-?

Thanks, Jen

David Biddulph[_2_]

Series order in Legend

In the chart, right-click on a series, Format Data Series/ Series Order tab.
--
David Biddulph

"Jen" wrote in message
Hello there,

It seems the legend is showing the the series by the order at which they
have been created.
Is there a way to change the "showing-order" of series -moving them up or
down-?

Thanks, Jen

Jen[_4_]

Series order in Legend

Hi David,

Thanks! ( I tried it on a very simple fresh chart and there it works as you
told..)
I tried to get to work on my chart (there are about 20 series in my bubble
chart) and it does move some series but ...others I cannot move for some
obscure reason!
Do you have any ideas why? And how to resolve this?

Thanks, Jen

"Jen" wrote in message
Hello there,

It seems the legend is showing the the series by the order at which they
have been created.
Is there a way to change the "showing-order" of series -moving them up or
down-?

Thanks, Jen

Andy Pope

Series order in Legend

Are all the series on the same axis?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Jen" wrote in message
Hello there,

It seems the legend is showing the the series by the order at which they
have been created.
Is there a way to change the "showing-order" of series -moving them up
or down-?

Thanks, Jen

Jen[_4_]

Series order in Legend

Hi Andy,

Yes they are ..it are about 20 series with an x-, a y -and a size- value (as
it is a bubble chart).
There is no "magic" on the chart, ie. no VBA manipulation or so. Rather
straightforward actually.

Jen

PS: I helped my way out just by re-creating the series in the right order,
but still ...puzzling.