-   -   Automatic chart title (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/147823-automatic-chart-title.html)

hmm

Automatic chart title

How do I make a chart format that will automatically use the name of series 1
as the title when creating the chart?

phil

Automatic chart title

You can format the chart title so it displays whatever is in a particular
cell. When going through the chart creation wizard, for title just type in
"title". Then when the chart is displayed, click into the chart title, and
then in the formula bar type "=" and then click on the cell with the series
name in it. This could be developed much further by writing a formula that is
more descriptive and pointing the title to that cell.