-   -   How do I show negative numbers on a stacked graph (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/14778-how-do-i-show-negative-numbers-stacked-graph.html)

JMZ

How do I show negative numbers on a stacked graph

I am trying to develop a stacked graph that has a data string with negative
numbers. I can set the Y(Z) axis to show negative numbers but the data plots
as positive. IE. Data set may be -10,000 +10,000 12,000. The data plots
all numbers as a positive. Why, and how can I get the first number to plot
below 0. Thank you.

Barb Reinhardt

Check out

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...StakAboveBelow

by Jon Peltier.

"JMZ" wrote in message
I am trying to develop a stacked graph that has a data string with negative
numbers. I can set the Y(Z) axis to show negative numbers but the data
plots
as positive. IE. Data set may be -10,000 +10,000 12,000. The data
plots
all numbers as a positive. Why, and how can I get the first number to plot
below 0. Thank you.

jmz

I should have been more descriptive in my original post. I can do what you
sugest if I was using a stacked BAR chart. I am using a stacked AREA plot. I
tried using your data on my chart and get the sames results : ie. no data
below 0.

"JMZ" wrote in message
I am trying to develop a stacked graph that has a data string with negative
numbers. I can set the Y(Z) axis to show negative numbers but the data
plots
as positive. IE. Data set may be -10,000 +10,000 12,000. The data
plots
all numbers as a positive. Why, and how can I get the first number to plot
below 0. Thank you.

John Mansfield

jmz,

Hopefully this area charting example might help. Please see Jon Peltier's
comment attached to the example too.

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...crossing_zero/

----
Regards,