-   -   pivot charting doesn't work for me - bill - (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/146477-pivot-charting-doesnt-work-me-bill.html)

billy_bags

pivot charting doesn't work for me - bill -

I use excel 2002 now but used an earlier version which didn't force me to use
the pivot charting process if I wanted to create graphs.
I have my pivot, I click on the graphing icon and the chart appears but I
don't have access to source data in the usual excel graphing format other
than drop down data on the side or bottom of the pivot chart.
Even the data data doesn't list sequentially
MONTH (dd/mm/yyyy)
01/04/2007
01/03/2007
01/01/2007
01/02/2007
Is there a way I can disable the pivot chart and use the regular excel
charting process?
Bill

Jon Peltier

pivot charting doesn't work for me - bill -

You can make a regular chart from a pivot table's data if you're careful
selecting the data. The regular chart will not adjust properly when the
pivot table pivots. This article shows how to make pivot charts and regular
charts from a pivot table:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP