-   -   Series name (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/146256-series-name.html)

Fred Zack

Series name

When I select data for a chart, excel does not use the top row as series
names (in fact uses them as values - they are text identifiers such as 7004,
7005, etc. but I have formatted as text). I can not select top row and put
Series names in one by one, but I have 54 series! Do I have some option
turned off?

Jon Peltier

Series name

Clear the cell in the top left of the range (above the X values and left of
the series names). Then make the chart. The blank cell indicates to Excel
that the top row and first column are special, so it can parse the range
properly.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP