-   -   coloring the sides of 3d bars in a different color than the front? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/14364-coloring-sides-3d-bars-different-color-than-front.html)

Xaver Hinterhuber

coloring the sides of 3d bars in a different color than the front?

Hi,

is it possible to give the sides of a 3d bar another color than the front?

Greets

Xaver

Debra Dalgleish

You can apply a picture to either the front or the side:

Create a picture in a graphics program (e.g. MS Paint) that is just a
block of colour.
In Excel, select the chart series that you want to colour
Choose FormatSelected Data Series
On the Patterns tab, click the Fill Effects button
On the Picture tab, click the Select Picture button
Find the colour block picture that you created, and select it, then
click Insert
For 'Apply To', check Sides or check Front
Click OK, click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Xaver Hinterhuber

Hello Debra,

thank you for this great tip.
My search time for this is summing up to several days.

THANKS.

Greets
Xaver

Xaver Hinterhuber wrote:

is it possible to give the sides of a 3d bar another color than the
front?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Debra Dalgleish

You're welcome. Thanks for letting me know that the tip helped you.