-   -   more than 2 secondary y axis with individual ranges of value (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/143611-more-than-2-secondary-y-axis-individual-ranges-value.html)

Big G

more than 2 secondary y axis with individual ranges of value

Hi All,

I work with electric motors which have several different value ranges i
would like on a single chart, namely; Speed, Power, Current and Efficiency,
with thier own Y axis, and all plotted against Torque on the X axis.

I need seperate Y axis as the ranges are all different, e.g. Speed = 0 -
4000rpm, Efficiency = 0-85%, Current = 0-20Amps, Power = 0-150Watts for
example. At the moment i can only get 2 different Y axis values, I need 4!

Can anyone help?

Andy Pope

more than 2 secondary y axis with individual ranges of value

Hi,

You will need to construct you own additional Y axis.
For more information have a look at

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/TertiaryAxis.html
http://www.processtrends.com/pg_glob...climate_Trends

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Big G" <Big wrote in message
Hi All,

I work with electric motors which have several different value ranges i
would like on a single chart, namely; Speed, Power, Current and
Efficiency,
with thier own Y axis, and all plotted against Torque on the X axis.

I need seperate Y axis as the ranges are all different, e.g. Speed = 0 -
4000rpm, Efficiency = 0-85%, Current = 0-20Amps, Power = 0-150Watts for
example. At the moment i can only get 2 different Y axis values, I need
4!

Can anyone help?

Big G[_2_]

more than 2 secondary y axis with individual ranges of value

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the info, looks very thorough!! - Will have a go in a bit, do you
know if the same technique can be used to add a fourth axis?!?!? - using the
Peltiertech method.

Thanks Again

"Big G" <Big wrote in message
Hi All,

I work with electric motors which have several different value ranges i
would like on a single chart, namely; Speed, Power, Current and
Efficiency,
with thier own Y axis, and all plotted against Torque on the X axis.

I need seperate Y axis as the ranges are all different, e.g. Speed = 0 -
4000rpm, Efficiency = 0-85%, Current = 0-20Amps, Power = 0-150Watts for
example. At the moment i can only get 2 different Y axis values, I need
4!

Can anyone help?

Andy Pope

more than 2 secondary y axis with individual ranges of value

The technique should be expandable. Basically you are drawing your own axis.

Cheers
Andy

--

"Big G" <Big wrote in message
Hi All,

I work with electric motors which have several different value ranges i
would like on a single chart, namely; Speed, Power, Current and
Efficiency,
with thier own Y axis, and all plotted against Torque on the X axis.

I need seperate Y axis as the ranges are all different, e.g. Speed =
0 -
4000rpm, Efficiency = 0-85%, Current = 0-20Amps, Power = 0-150Watts for
example. At the moment i can only get 2 different Y axis values, I
need
4!

Can anyone help?

Jon Peltier

more than 2 secondary y axis with individual ranges of value

Much better than cluttering up things with a tertiary axis (& quaternary
axis etc.) is to make panel charts instead:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StackedCharts.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...nelChart1.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Comment...DayOfYear.html

- Jon