-   -   Changing the Same thing on multiple charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/140053-changing-same-thing-multiple-charts.html)

mea

Changing the Same thing on multiple charts

I have 36 line charts of data from the same 4 pilot groups and 2 comparison
groups. After I got them all created, I had a request to increase the weight
of the lines for readability on all of the charts. Is there a way to easily
do this? Right now all I envision is clicking on all 216 lines! My guess is
a macro which I know nothing about.
On the same note, is there a way to have it change the colors all at once
(for instance, take the yellow lines, make them red)?
--
mea

Jon Peltier

Changing the Same thing on multiple charts

You can follow this procedure to make your task somewhat less tedious:

Select an item on one chart (a series, say, or an axis). Format it however
you like in one trip to the dialog. Use as many of the tabs on that dialog
in your one trip. Then select the corresponding element in another chart,
and press the F4 key, which is the shortcut for repeat last action. This
will apply everything to the new element that you applied to the old element
during your time in the dialog.

Unfortunately, Excel 2007 has lost this ability. It will only remember the
absolute last action you took, not everything you accomplished while the
dialog was open. So the F4 shortcut is much less helpful in the new release
of Excel.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP