-   -   Graphs dissapear (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/139630-graphs-dissapear.html)

Keith R

Graphs dissapear

Using XL2003. I'm posting here instead of excel.crashesgpfs because
technically this isn't a crash, but still-

I have a worksheet with about 2000 rows of data, maybe 20 columns. Most are
static, but a few columns have formulas. I split the data into three groups,
then am trying to graph each of the three so I can see the variation.

Process:

1. Select a single column range of about 500 cells, use chart wizard to
graph it
2. make a copy/paste of the graph, resize it a little, then change the Y
Axis from -400/+400 to -100/+100 to get rid of the outliers on this second
chart and show the majority of the data in a way that the variation is
easier to see
3. Make a copy/paste of the first chart, and resize it

here's where it gets weird-

4. change the source data of this last chart to the second column of data-
just changing the column from M to N, and the rows from 7-500 to 501-1500-
so I'll have a graph that looks the same with just a different data range

Now all three graphs dissapear from my worksheet!

Any idea what is causing this, and how to get around it?
Thanks,
Keith