-   -   Omit points from plot if cell is formula returns a non-numeric res (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/139629-omit-points-plot-if-cell-formula-returns-non-numeric-res.html)

Dave

Omit points from plot if cell is formula returns a non-numeric res

How can I prevent cells with a non-numeric function result from being plotted
as zero values. The function

=IF(G30,F5+G3,"")

Plots values as it should for G0 but when G<=0 it plots points on the
x-axis instead of omiting the points as it does when the cells are blank. On
the spread sheet the cells display blank as they should.

Andy Pope

Omit points from plot if cell is formula returns a non-numeric res

Hi,

Charts plot all non numeric values as zero. There will however interpolate
values if #N/A is used.

=IF(G30,F5+G3,NA())

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Dave" wrote in message
How can I prevent cells with a non-numeric function result from being
plotted
as zero values. The function

=IF(G30,F5+G3,"")

Plots values as it should for G0 but when G<=0 it plots points on the
x-axis instead of omiting the points as it does when the cells are blank.
On
the spread sheet the cells display blank as they should.

John Mansfield

Omit points from plot if cell is formula returns a non-numeric res

Dave,

If you use "NA()" similar to the formula below, Excel will interpolate
values for the points that hit zero.

=IF(G50,G5,NA())

If you want to break the line, Andy Pope has an example that shows how to do
so on hit web site.

www.andypope.info

--
John Mansfield