-   -   How do I get monthly data in the data area to remain in order (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/138871-how-do-i-get-monthly-data-data-area-remain-order.html)

LauraFitzroy

How do I get monthly data in the data area to remain in order

The data area is rearranging the months in alphabetical order. How can I
change this?

John Mansfield

How do I get monthly data in the data area to remain in order

It sounds like your months might be entered as text. Try entering the months
as dates and then formatting them in the "Format Cells" dialog box. For
example, enter:

01/01/2007
02/01/2007
03/01/2007

Then go to the Format Cells dialog box and reformat the dates as you want
them to look.

--
John Mansfield

"LauraFitzroy" wrote:

The data area is rearranging the months in alphabetical order. How can I
change this?

LauraFitzroy

How do I get monthly data in the data area to remain in order

Thanks John!! It worked. Also, before receiving yr reply, I tried
protecting the sheet of original data, which worked as well.

Thanks again