-   -   Copying Excel 2007 Charts to Word (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/138555-copying-excel-2007-charts-word.html)

Calvin

Copying Excel 2007 Charts to Word

I cannot copy a pivotchart to Word. When creating the chart it can copy to
Word OK but after changing the colours and data labels it does not show on
the clipboard at all.

Any suggestions?

Calvin

Copying Excel 2007 Charts to Word

This has something to do with the datalabels.
IF I simply add the standard data labels it copies OK. The issue is creating
non-standard labels using a macro. If I create labels using thism, the chart
no longer copies to the clipboard.

Mike Middleton

Copying Excel 2007 Charts to Word

Calvin -

You didn't mention which method you are using for copying the chart.

Consider this method:

Select the chart by clicking just inside its outer border.

In Excel 2007 choose Home | Paste | As Picture | Copy As Picture | OK.

In Word 2007, choose Home | Paste.

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com