-   -   How do I copy and paste Excel charts and retain formatting? Mine . (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/13580-how-do-i-copy-paste-excel-charts-retain-formatting-mine.html)

Ivan Lawler

How do I copy and paste Excel charts and retain formatting? Mine .

I am trying to create multiple graphs/charts in Excel which all have
consistent formatting, especially size. In the past I always did this by
simply cutting and pasting the graph and then changing the source data.

Now, when I copy and paste a chart, it keeps changing size. How can I stop
Excel doing this.

R.VENKATARAMAN

I am only loudly thinking

click the chart area. click <shift+edit. you may get submenu <copy picture
in copy picture window check <as shown on screen.Paste it on a word
document. does it not help. does not m the sixe remain same.

try experiments both on embedded chart and chartsheet.
mine excel 2000
=================

Ivan Lawler <Ivan wrote in message
I am trying to create multiple graphs/charts in Excel which all have
consistent formatting, especially size. In the past I always did this by
simply cutting and pasting the graph and then changing the source data.

Now, when I copy and paste a chart, it keeps changing size. How can I stop
Excel doing this.

c o jones

"?B?SXZhbiBMYXdsZXI=?=" <Ivan wrote in message ...
I am trying to create multiple graphs/charts in Excel which all have
consistent formatting, especially size. In the past I always did this by
simply cutting and pasting the graph and then changing the source data.

Now, when I copy and paste a chart, it keeps changing size. How can I stop
Excel doing this.

I've found that if I was zoomed at 100% the chart *would* paste at the
correct size, if I was at 75% it would change. Try at different zooms
!

Also uncheck the Auto Scale Font on Format Chart area ...