-   -   Add Trendline to Pivot Table Graph (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/134291-add-trendline-pivot-table-graph.html)

Mary Ann

Add Trendline to Pivot Table Graph

I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with Month
as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data. I have then created a
Pivot Table chart.

I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click for
Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out.

How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns?

Jon Peltier

Add Trendline to Pivot Table Graph

If Add Trendline is disabled with a pivot chart (I don't know, I rarely make
pivot charts), you could plot the data in a regular chart, then add your
trendline.

Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, and Real Charts

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with
Month
as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data. I have then created a
Pivot Table chart.

I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click
for
Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out.

How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns?

Mary Ann

Add Trendline to Pivot Table Graph

Thanks Jon - Disappointing but at least I know!

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with
Month
as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data. I have then created a
Pivot Table chart.

I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click
for
Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out.

How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns?

William[_2_]

Add Trendline to Pivot Table Graph

Hi Mary Ann

Is your graph a "stacked" column? If so, change it to a different style (eg
clustered column) and you should get what you are looking for.
--

Regards

William

XL2003

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
|I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with
Month
| as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data. I have then created a
| Pivot Table chart.
|
| I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click
for
| Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out.
|
| How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns?

Mary Ann

Add Trendline to Pivot Table Graph

Fantastic €“ even though the chart doesnt look like a stacked column, because
I just have one column for each month, in fact as far as Excel is concerned I
can now see that that is what it is. Thank you.