-   -   Adding Source Data to a Chart. (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/133847-adding-source-data-chart.html)

Dizzy Des

Adding Source Data to a Chart.

I want to add data from 2 different sheets within the same work book added
together. ie say data from Sheet1 B1 + Sheet 3 B1 as source data for the same
bar on the chart. Can this be done direct or do I have to add them together
first then use that as the source data.
I have tried typically the following: Sheet1!$B$1+Sheet3!$b$1 and several
variations of this without success.

Esteban

Adding Source Data to a Chart.

One way to do it is to have 2 series, one for each sheet, and make a Stacked
bar chart.

The only problem is that you don't get to see the total when adding labels
to the series.

Regards
Esteban

"Dizzy Des" wrote:

I want to add data from 2 different sheets within the same work book added
together. ie say data from Sheet1 B1 + Sheet 3 B1 as source data for the same
bar on the chart. Can this be done direct or do I have to add them together
first then use that as the source data.
I have tried typically the following: Sheet1!$B$1+Sheet3!$b$1 and several
variations of this without success.

Jon Peltier

Adding Source Data to a Chart.

You need to calculate your sum in a worksheet before plotting it. Even
values from the same sheet have to be added first; Excel's charts don't do
arithmetic.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP