-   -   new series option (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/133770-new-series-option.html)

Shasbaz

new series option

Sometimes when I highlight a new series on the spreadsheet and drag it
into an existing chart, a pop-up appears giving me various options.
Other times, the new data just gets added to an existing series, which
is not what I want. How can I either get the pop-up to occur every
time, or get the new data to form a new series every time? Thanks for
any ideas.

David Biddulph[_2_]

new series option

The easiest option is to copy the series from the data sheet and then go to
the chart and Edit/ Paste Special (rather than dragging) to get the prompt
for selecting a new series.
--
David Biddulph

"Shasbaz" wrote in message
ups.com...
Sometimes when I highlight a new series on the spreadsheet and drag it
into an existing chart, a pop-up appears giving me various options.
Other times, the new data just gets added to an existing series, which
is not what I want. How can I either get the pop-up to occur every
time, or get the new data to form a new series every time? Thanks for
any ideas.

Jon Peltier

new series option

Copy the data, then select the chart and use Edit menu Paste Special to
get the dialog.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP