-   -   how do you convert charts into high quality tiff files? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/133768-how-do-you-convert-charts-into-high-quality-tiff-files.html)

ignacio

how do you convert charts into high quality tiff files?

I have to convert a seies of charts into a tiff file for a research artcile.
I have tried it on power point and then save as tiff but the rersulting
quality of the image is horrendous, any tips anyone?

Jon Peltier

how do you convert charts into high quality tiff files?

You could try exporting the chart using VBA:

ActiveChart.Export ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\Chart1.tif", "TIF"

I don't know if it is any improvement over PowerPoint, and bitmapped charts
are limited to screen resolution.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"ignacio" wrote in message
I have to convert a seies of charts into a tiff file for a research
artcile.
I have tried it on power point and then save as tiff but the rersulting
quality of the image is horrendous, any tips anyone?

MartinW

how do you convert charts into high quality tiff files?

Hi Ignacio,

You could try copy and paste special into word and select Picture(enhanced
metafile) from there you can copy and paste into Microsoft Photo Editor and
save as a tif image from there.

HTH
Martin