-   -   Contiguous bars in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/132762-contiguous-bars-excel-2007-a.html)

AlanKohl

Contiguous bars in Excel 2007

Using a bar chart, I'd like the bars to be next to each other without any
blank space between them.
I believe that it could be done in Excel 2003 using "gap width". I can't
find this option in Excel 2007.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike Middleton

Contiguous bars in Excel 2007

AlanKohl -

I don't have Excel 2007 available at the moment, but for a Column chart type
my notes say: Click one of the columns to select the Column data series,
right-click, and choose Format Data Series | Series Options. For Gap Width,
move the pointer to 0% (No Gap). Click Close. It's likely similar for a Bar
chart type.

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com

"AlanKohl" wrote in message
Using a bar chart, I'd like the bars to be next to each other without any
blank space between them.
I believe that it could be done in Excel 2003 using "gap width". I can't
find this option in Excel 2007.

Thanks in advance for any help.

AlanKohl

Contiguous bars in Excel 2007

It was that easy. I was trying to "format axis..".
Many thanks.