-   -   Charting help for a novice? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/132390-charting-help-novice.html)

Dave Jones

Charting help for a novice?

I have a value in Column A and a calculated value in column B
=if(A1,A1*14,"")

I want to plot column B on a chart, however where there is no data in A then
the chart plots B as a zero, but I don't want it to plot anything if there
is no data. Can anyone help this relative novice?

Thanks in anticipation
Dave

David Biddulph[_2_]

Charting help for a novice?

=if(A1,A1*14,NA()) should cure it on the chart.

If you don't want the NA# to show in your data sheet, you can hide it with
conditional formatting.
--
David Biddulph

"Dave Jones" wrote in message
I have a value in Column A and a calculated value in column B
=if(A1,A1*14,"")

I want to plot column B on a chart, however where there is no data in A
then
the chart plots B as a zero, but I don't want it to plot anything if there
is no data. Can anyone help this relative novice?

Thanks in anticipation
Dave

Dave Jones

Charting help for a novice?

Can you advise me on what expression to use in conditional formatting? I
have tried Cell value = #N/A and White font, but this doesn't work
Thanks
Dave

"Dave Jones" wrote in message
I have a value in Column A and a calculated value in column B
=if(A1,A1*14,"")

I want to plot column B on a chart, however where there is no data in A
then
the chart plots B as a zero, but I don't want it to plot anything if

there
is no data. Can anyone help this relative novice?

Thanks in anticipation
Dave

David Biddulph[_2_]

Charting help for a novice?