-   -   combining a stacked column and line chart together (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/131482-combining-stacked-column-line-chart-together.html)

Abi Dodds

combining a stacked column and line chart together

I need to know how I combine a stacked column chart with a line chart (2 or
more lines are required on the chart) with two different y axis values.

Jon Peltier

combining a stacked column and line chart together

Create a stacked column chart using all of the data. Select a column series
in the stack that you want to change to a line. Go to Chart menu Chart
Type, and select a line type. Repeat as needed for other series. Double
click on any series you want to move to the secondary axis, and on the Axis
tab, select Secondary. Repeat as needed. You should try to keep all of the
stacked columns on the same axis, otherwise they will not stack correctly,
and stacking differently scaled columns makes no sense.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions