-   -   Stacked column chart wit more than one column in a data point (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/130769-stacked-column-chart-wit-more-than-one-column-data-point.html)

Hari

Stacked column chart wit more than one column in a data point

Hi,

My colleague has the following data.

,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005
A Sales Growth,5%,11%,12%,3%,10%,7%,4%,4%
A Comps Growth,5%,7%,5%,4%,2%,8%,6%,4%
B Sales Growth,3%,4%,6%,4%,5%,5%,3%,3%
B Comps Growth,8%,10%,11%,4%,6%,5%,10%,7%
C Sales Growth,1%,1%,3%,4%,6%,4%,1%,2%
C Comps Growth,10%,7%,5%,6%,2%,5%,6%,5%

and he wants to plot charts in such a way that the years 1998 through
2005 comes in x-axis and within each year there needs to be 3 data
points for companies A, B and C.

The particular data point for 1999 and for company A need to be of
Stacked column chart type with its sales growth and Comps growth
presented within one column. For the same year, for company B, the
equivalent data should be presented in an adjoining stacked
column.Same process need to be followed for rest years.

I have tried making the above kind of chart but I end up getting data
points for all the 3 companies stacked within a single column having 6
sections. How do I overcome this? Please guide me.

regards,
HP
India

Jon Peltier

Stacked column chart wit more than one column in a data point

You need to stagger the worksheet data with blank cells, so the stacked
charts don't completely line up. See the links on this page for guidance:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Hari" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

On Feb 15, 2:29 am, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
You need to stagger the worksheet data with blank cells, so the stacked
charts don't completely line up. See the links on this page for guidance:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

Thanx a TON for the link. As always its very helpful.

hp

- Jon
-------

"Hari" wrote in message

[...]